Monday, January 13, 2014

B.C. Doyle's ENGULFED (North Wing #1) 1-21-14

I found a new author yesterday! B.C. Doyle is a Y.A author that currently has out the first two books of a trilogy that is on my TBR list. I'm looking forward to reading her newest novel NORTH WING (Book 1) that will be releasing 1-21-14....  I will post a review when I am finished!  Can't wait to read it, I absolutely love the teasers that she has 

Teaser for Engulfed (North Wing #1)
Release Date: 1-21-14 

Light vs Dark

Follow her on Twitter
https://twitter.com/Barbara_C_Doyle 

ENGULFED (North Wing #1)
Teaser #2

Hmmm ... who will you choose when you pick up your copy of Engulfed?
"You should take a step back,” I struggled. “Please? I need…” Air, I pleaded silently. I need air!

He tipped my head up with two fingers, stroking my jaw as we locked eyes. I bit my lip harder until it stung. If I opened my mouth, I would feed. I couldn’t give in.

But it hurt too much.

“You can’t hurt me,” he assured me with a smile on his face. He leaned closer until his lips teased my ear. “You can’t feed from the soulless.”


Excerpt:

“What am I, Cadan?” I whispered, looking into his eyes. “All my life I have been able to do things nobody else can. I have been the talk of the town. I have been the freak; the monster. I’m not like Marissa or Luke. So what am I?”

He cupped my cheek in his hand and looked me in the eyes. “You are beautiful, not a monster,” he said quietly.

I stared at him, waiting for him to continue.

His eyes grew a red-orange, like a volcano erupted in them. His expression darkened. “You are power, Ebony. You are more powerful than me, or any of my kind combined.”

“And your kind would be…”

He smiled darkly. “Handlers,” he answered in a whisper, “Soldiers to the Heir of the deepest pit of the Dark dimension. We influence the lesser power and feed from the weak; all in a day’s work.”

I swallowed back my tears. “And why am I more powerful?”

He stroked my cheek again. “You are Mixed Blood, sweetness. Your bloodline divides you between the Dark and the Light.” He leaned in and grazed his soft lips against my ear. “And, by the looks of your actions, the Dark is winning.”

I wasyoung.
I wasdifferent.
I waspowerful.
And if I was power, than that meant power was deadly.






Barbara Doyle has done an amazing feat and created a new spin on angels and demons. This is the kind of book that stays with you. I love the conflicts, internal wars that are depicted and how the characters are well rounded and brought to life within these pages. I can't wait for book two to be released! Now you should be hitting Amazon to purchase yours, what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment