Monday, October 6, 2014

Withered- A Novel by Amy Miles

book cover of 

Wither


I always thought when the apocalypse finally began I would be swinging my baseball bat with the best of them, in true zombie slayer fashion. I was prepped and ready to smash in some heads if the need ever arose. 

The problem is...no one ever warned me that I would have to fear the humans instead. The ones who still remember their names and how to put a gun to your temple when they want something.

The others...well,they pretty much keep to themselves.

How far would YOU go to survive just one more day?

Do not fear the Withered Ones. Fear the ones still human.

Wither is a psychological thriller that poses the question...what if the zombies aren't the ones we should fear? What if it's human nature instead?
FROM THE AUTHOR:
In this book you can expect some graphic scenes.  It is a horror novel after all!  Suspense.  Action.  Death.  Betrayal. Guilt. Survival.  It's all in there...but there's so much more as well.
WITHER doesn't focus solely on the zombies but on human nature, asking the question how far would YOU go to survive just one more day.  Would you kill your neighbor to save your own skin?  Would you betray another just for something to eat?  Would you toss your morals aside solely for the sake of survival?
This is my first "adult" book and it will deal with some tough subjects.  For the first time since I began writing I have added swearing and a sex scene to my book, simply because it was vital to creating genuine characters.  There will be innocent people hurt.  There will be some pretty intense death scenes.  If you are a parent of a teen who has read and loved my other books, I highly recommend reading Wither first.
This book has been the hardest for me to write to date.  It has stretched me and thrown me WAY out of my own comfort zone.  It's been a wild ride.  I hope you enjoy my take on the apocalypse.
I will be posting teasers in the days to come...
Amy
PS: for those of you who do NOT like flesh eating zombies...you are safe with this book...for now
Think you would like to give WITHER a try?  It is now available for preorder:
Amy Miles | September 18, 2014 at 7:18 AM | Categories: Amy Miles Books | URL: http://wp.me/p1p4Sv-

No comments:

Post a Comment